Introducing Kindy Kitchen!!
Rebecca Tapper (mother to Elysse & Grace and our co-licensee) is a passionate naturopath, nutritionist and foodie. Bec will be intricately programming the Kindy Kitchen menu with the aim of providing the best, most wholesome, nutritionally balanced, home cooked meals, all made with love.
Bec’s special interest is in children’s health and she believes that children need to be inspired and encouraged to eat good food from a young age. Drawing on years of experience both as a naturopath coaching young and old in healthy eating and lifestyle, as well as owning her own Go Vita health food store and cafe, providing nutrient packed meals for the masses, Bec’s love of wholefoods, local and seasonal produce and cooking, means that BELC is determined to create delicious yet simple menus for our children.
With Kindy Kitchen, we aim to make a real difference in our children’s lives and for the environment. Our goals include:
- Selecting locally grown produce to reduce ‘food miles’
- Using fresh, minimally processed and minimally packaged foods
- Using organic foods as a priority but not a necessity
- Incorporating sustainable protein sources such as beans, lentils, chickpeas and chicken
- Choosing sustainable seafood (www.marineconservation.org.au)
- Choosing to use no artificial anything – including colours, flavours and preservatives
- Conserving water in food preparation
- Using environmentally sustainable and safe tableware
- Raising awareness amongst children and parents of the importance of eating healthily and consciously, especially in the younger years as this is where food habits are formed for life.
During the year, Bec will be providing education classes to the children using fun activities to make health and nutrition an integral part of their lives; and also classes for parents to encourage, guide and inspire healthy eating in the home.
We look forward to nourishing the minds and bodies of our wonderful children at Benowa Early Learning Centre and sharing the journey with you.